British Horseracing Authority Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
In this policy, Data Protection Legislation means European Directives 95/46 and 2002/58/EC (as amended by Directive 2009/136/EC) and any legislation and/or regulation implementing or made pursuant to them, or which amends, replaces, re-enacts or consolidates any of them (including the General Data Protection Regulation).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation, the data controller is British Horseracing Authority Limited of 75 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6LS.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.careersinracing.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site and participate in any interactive functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and the information included in your CV.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including [the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet,] [your login information,] [browser type and version,] [time zone setting,] [browser plug-in types and versions,] [operating system and platform,] [OTHER];
- information about your visit, including [the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL),] [clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time),] [products you viewed or searched for'] [page response times,] [download errors,] [length of visits to certain pages,] [page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs),] [methods used to browse away from the page,] [OTHER] and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We recognise that our site may be used by children between the ages of thirteen and sixteen in order to find out more about careers in racing and how to gain work experience in the industry. However, you should not register your personal data for the Job Board if you are under sixteen years of age. If you wish to apply for a job advertised on the Job Board and you are under sixteen years of age, please contact email@example.com and we may be able to help you make contact with an employer, provided that we are satisfied that you have the consent of a parent/ guardian.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to notify you about changes to or new features of our service;
- to provide email alerts about jobs in which you have expressed an interest;
- to provide you with newsletters for which you have chosen to subscribe;
- to provide you with information about training and careers opportunities in the horseracing industry where you have subscribed to this function; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Information that you share in public areas of the site or make visible in the CV or profile database may be accessed, used and stored by third parties. We take no responsibility for third party use of your personal data which you have shared in this way.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us to cease processing your personal data. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.