Work Rider / Racing Groom Vacancy (Herefordshire)
Kerry Lee Racehorse Trainer
Kerry Lee is looking for an experienced and ambitious Groom/Work Rider to join the successful, friendly and down to earth team.
With a stable of up to 31 horses in training, you will be responsible for:
• Exercising racehorses daily, including fast work and schooling
• Maintaining the fitness and wellbeing of the horses and reporting daily to the trainer
• Turning out, feeding, grooming, taking horses racing
• Developing and following a tailored plan for each horse we train.
You will be doing this throughout the stunning Shropshire/Herefordshire countryside, through our 5,000 acres of forestry, large grass gallops and our private all-weather facilities which include our custom-made 6-furlong all weather carpet fibre gallop and schooling fences.
Kerry Lee has been training horses for five years and has had success with a Welsh National, a Classic Chase and a Grade 1 winner to her name as well as winning the Betvictor Gold Cup at Cheltenham last season with Happy Diva, and she is keen to pass on that knowledge and develop her team through mentoring and training qualifications.
We are looking for someone with previous experience working with horses who is confident in working with racehorses and not afraid of hard work. In return you will receive:
• Competitive salary depending on experience and ability
• Support, development and training to help you develop your career
• Single accommodation
• 30 days holiday
• Pool money
• Location: Shobdon, Herefordshire (Ludlow & Hereford Racecourses 20 mins)
References will be required.
Please mention careersinracing in your application when responding to this job advert
Please login or register for an account to apply for jobs:
This job expires in 4 days, on 2nd November 2020.
Please ensure you are logged in before applying for jobs.