Telephone ‘Check in and Chat’ Volunteer
To provide 1:1 Telephone Check in and chat calls to an allocated person(s) for Racing Welfare.
Approximately 1.5/2 hours a week between 9am and 5pm
To check in and chat with someone within the horseracing and breeding community who may be feeling lonely and isolated, via telephone.
• To make contact via telephone with a person(s) with whom you have been matched on the agreed regular pattern
• To give the person(s) some social interaction and emotional support through conversation
• To stay connected with the organisation and feedback any concerns, that may need addressing
Qualities and Skills required:
• A friendly, listening ear
• Patience and a warm and friendly attitude
• Willingness to follow current advice to keep yourself and others safe
Training and support
• Guidance Documents to read and refer to
• Regular contact with your Racing Welfare contact (telephone or other) for support and guidance
• To respond to service changes and requirements
Any other Requirements?
Due to the vulnerable nature of the people we support we will require two references. A valid DBS will also be required and will be funded by the charity.
Please login or register for an account to apply for jobs:
This job expires in 2 months, on 1st October 2021.
Please ensure you are logged in before applying for jobs.