Telephone ‘Check in and Chat’ Volunteer
To provide 1:1 Telephone Check in and chat calls to an allocated person(s) for Racing Welfare.
Flexible depending on what you can offer.
To check in and chat with someone within your community who may be feeling lonely and isolated via telephone.
• To make contact via telephone with a person(s) with whom you have been matched on the agreed regular pattern
• To give the person(s) some social interaction and emotional support through conversation
• To stay connected with the organisation and feedback any concerns, that may need addressing
Qualities and Skills required:
• A friendly, listening ear
• Patience and a warm and friendly attitude
• Willingness to follow current advice to keep yourself and others safe
Training and support
• Guidance Documents to read and refer to
• Regular contact with your Racing Welfare contact (telephone or other) for support and guidance
• To respond to service changes and requirements
Any other Requirements?
Due to the vulnerable nature of the people we support we will require two references. A valid DBS will also be required and will be funded by the charity.
Please login or register for an account to apply for jobs:
This job expires in 3 months, on 31st December 2020.
Please ensure you are logged in before applying for jobs.