Stud Hand Ground Maintenance (Suffolk)
Priors Farm is situated 6 miles west of Bury St Edmunds and comprises of an arable farm of 110 acres plus 60 acres of woodland and an equestrian business breeding thoroughbred racehorses.
We require a reliable and experienced person to work with up to 6 thoroughbred mares and young stock and look after 30 acres of paddocks and grounds. Ideally this is a full time employed position but a part time arrangement could be a possibility. Consideration would also be given to anyone wanting to bring their own horse and use our excellent equestrian facilities.
Experience and Qualifications
• Must have experience of looking after thoroughbred mares and young stock, riding is not required. Limited assistance with leading etc is available but otherwise the applicant would be working on their own with supervision from the owners.
• Must have a driving licence, and have experience with tractors and ATVs. Some mechanical knowledge is also required to look after and operate our range of paddock maintenance equipment i.e. harrows, rollers, toppers, mowers, strimmers etc. We use contractors for spraying and hay making. In addition use of a chainsaw would be helpful – training can be arranged.
• We have a range of stables, barns, horse walker and a lunging ring these are to be kept tidy and maintained to a high standard. We would expect the applicant to be able to carry out minor building and fence repairs.
• When the owners are away the applicant would be required to look after a dog in the stables and keep a general eye on the farmhouse etc.
Salary and Accommodation
• Negotiable, dependent upon qualifications and experience and based on a 39 hours week worked over a 6 days week. This is an employed position and statutory holiday sick pay and pension entitlements apply. Overtime is only required for haymaking and an additional hourly rate will be paid.
• A small 3-bedroom estate cottage with garden and garage will be available to rent (6 month Shorthold Tenancy) after refurbishment by 1st January 2021. We would prefer the applicant to live on site and this will be reflected in the rent charged.
C.V’s including contact details for references should be sent or emailed with a covering letter/email to:- Col & Mrs E Gordon Lennox email: email@example.com Priors Farm, Great Saxham tel: 01284 810259 Bury St Edmunds IP29 5JW
Please mention careersinracing in your application when responding to this job advert
Please login or register for an account to apply for jobs:
This job expires in 1 month, on 30th November 2020.
Please ensure you are logged in before applying for jobs.