Godolphin is the global thoroughbred breeding operation and horseracing team founded by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. Today Team Godolphin spans across four continents, from our home in Dubai to Europe, Australia, Japan and America.
Godolphin are seeking a number of highly skilled and experienced Stable Staff to ride out at our Moulton Paddocks yard for Charlie Appleby. We are seeking riders who are able to demonstrate that they can ride and work to the highest possible standards and possess the passion and drive to make a real contribution to our world class team.
The job holder is responsible for assisting with routine stable duties and racehorse care.
– Mucking out stables and yard sweeping
– Grooming and care of horses
– Tacking up horses
– Cleaning and care of tack and equipment
– Watching over horses exercising e.g. on the trotting ring
– Responsibility for hand walking, lunging, putting horses on horse walker
– Preparing for and attending the Races
-General yard duties
– Communicating with and supporting colleagues, Head Lads, Assistant Trainers and other Godolphin staff as required.
– Representing, and upholding the reputation of, Godolphin both inside and outside the organization, e.g. when travelling to races, on the gallops
– Good horsemanship
– Communication skills
– Horse welfare knowledge
– Awareness of Health and Safety requirements and be responsible for ensuring these requirements are met in the yard, on the gallops and whilst performing any other duties at work
– NVQ Level 2 or above in Racehorse Care & Management an advantage
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package and a first class working environment, with excellent opportunities to learn and develop new skills.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to:
Godolphin Management Company Limited
The Main Office
Suffolk, CB8 9HE
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please login or register for an account to apply for jobs:
This job expires in 4 weeks, on 10th January 2020.
Please ensure you are logged in before applying for jobs.