Senior Event Manager (maternity cover) based at Newmarket Racecourses
The Jockey Club
Job title: Senior Event Manager
Based at: Newmarket Racecourses
Contract type: Fixed term contract
Hours: 40 hours per week, and 5 days from 7 with race day cover.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced events professional to join the team at Newmarket Racecourses, covering a period of maternity leave.
Fulfilling the role of Senior Events Manager for Newmarket, you will be responsible for ensuring both Newmarket Racecourses deliver successful private and corporate events as well as racedays, whilst adhering to best practice standards. The contract will initially be for a period of approximately twelve months, with the possibility of being extended.
Previous event management experience is vital for this position, as the role will see the successful candidate implement the planning, organisation and presentation of all conferences and events at both The Rowley Mile and the July Course. As this is a customer and supplier facing role, you will need to possess excellent communication skills and be able to build and maintain a rapport easily. You will also be expected to work as part of the event management team to deliver racedays.
The successful candidate will;
• Have previous experience of managing, training and recruiting an operations/events team and be able to deputise for the Operations Manager when necessary
• Have a recognised industry qualification eg. IOSH Managing Safely or an Events based degree
• Have proven experience of managing and delivering events to a consistently high standard
• Work with the sales, marketing, catering and estates teams to ensure client expectations are met at all events
• Have worked with 3rd party partners and casual workers, and be comfortable with maintaining these relationships
• Be financially and commercially aware, with the ability to formulate and control budgets
• Work closely with the Health and Safety Manager to develop security/safety schedules for all racing and non-racing events
• Possess strong organisational skills and have a keen eye for detail
This role will be based at Newmarket Racecourses, but may require the successful individual may travel within the East Region and the Group. The flexibility to work some evenings and weekends is essential, as is holding a full UK driving licence.
All applications should be submitted through our online careers page, To apply, click here.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER APPLICATIONS THAT ARE NOT SUBMITTED THROUGH OUR CAREERS WEBSITE PROVIDED ABOVE
We reserve the right to close the position early if we have received a large number of candidates with the required skills and experiences.
Please login or register for an account to apply for jobs:
This job expires in 1 week, on 25th February 2019.
Please ensure you are logged in before applying for jobs.