Rider Groom Yearlings and Rehabilitation yard
Shadwell Estate Company Ltd
Rider Groom for our Snarehill Stud Near Thetford
Join our team and work with the worlds’ top yearlings
These horses will be at our Snarehill Stud and you will be able to see them from the start and have the pleasure of following their careers as they race around the world in the top races.
This is a busy time and we need the best staff – confident, experienced and reliable.
Please join our team!
The Shadwell Stud Estate Company Ltd is recognised as a one of the World’s Premier Breeding and Racing establishments. We have produced and trained many top champion racehorses and continue to breed and train horses all over the world.
We value the importance of recruiting and developing the best people to support our breeding and racing interests. Our teams are continually growing and we are very happy to be offering opportunities for various roles and locations
We would always aim to support your career development and offer great working conditions.
We are currently looking to recruit experienced work rider/ grooms for our Pre-Training and Rehabilitation Yard based outside Thetford
• Our working hours aim to promote a healthy work/life balance. They are 7.30am – 4.30 pm half hour break and one hour for lunch.
• We may be able to offer accommodation
Tasks and Activities:
• Riding racehorses returning from injury up to and including cantering exercise. Riding Yearlings and 2 year olds during breaking and pre-training.
• Carrying out routine duties including mucking out, feeding and grooming horses within the stud.
• Assisting in the rehabilitation of horses through the correct and approved procedures; treadmill and swimming, assisting farriers and veterinary surgeons as required.
• Carrying out maintenance of the stud and surroundings as directed, including boxes, yards, paddocks, fences and buildings as required.
• Assisting with the distribution of food and bedding and the disposal of soiled and dirty materials.
• Travelling horses to exercise or move to other locations as directed.
• Conducting all tasks in accordance with and observing the health and safety policies including the correct use of equipment and personal protective equipment
• Any other reasonable and equitable tasks as directed by the yardman or head person as appropriate.
Please do contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries – whatever your background or experience – as we may have a role to suit you.
Please note the salary will be offered according to background and experience also whether you will be live in or out.
Please login or register for an account to apply for jobs:
This job expires in 2 weeks, on 1st December 2019.
Please ensure you are logged in before applying for jobs.