Racing Trainer Coach – South West England
Haddon Training Ltd
Haddon Training, est. in 1997 primarily works with 16+ olds, who are employed and undertaking a work-based Traineeship or Apprenticeship programmes. We offer funded educational programmes within the Equine, Animal Care, and Business Services sectors, delivered by a national network of highly qualified industry Trainer-Coaches. We work with over 800 employers in both England and Wales.
Due to continued growth within our equine racing sector, we are looking to strengthen our delivery team with the appointment of a new team member based in the south-west. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a passion for equine racing industry who would like to work within an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ Government Funded Work-Based Training Provider.
The chosen candidate will be a high performing, qualified, experienced and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working as part of a team and has a thirst for delivering high quality and service to all concerned parties.
Experience of the delivery with Apprenticeship Frameworks and Standards and the differences in the sector post 2017 reforms is highly desirable.
You will manage and be responsible for a caseload of learners based in the south-west and surrounding counties.
This will include supporting the entire learner journey, including:
• Enrolment/induction and initial assessment
• Equine racehorse care teaching, learning and assessment
• Delivery of Functional Skills English and maths
• Supporting the wider curriculum (PREVENT, British Values, Safeguarding, ICT, Information, Advice and Guidance, etc.)
• Correct completion of mandatory paperwork to evidence all aspects of the learner journey to an auditable standard
You will work closely with learners and employers and report to your Team Leader, as well as being fully supported by a Curriculum Specialist for the delivery for your learners to achieve the required Functional Skills and Internal Quality Assurers (IQA’s) to ensure a high level of quality throughout the delivery of the programme.
Essential industry specific experience:
• Minimum five years’ recent experience working in the racing sector
• Up-to-date, relevant, deep and broad experience of working within the racing equine industry in management or at level such as ie traveling head lad, head lad/lass
• Passion for work-based learning
• Experience in the occupational area of the Apprenticeships including practical and current knowledge of working practices, infrastructure, tools and technologies to support applications.
• Occupational competence with a comprehensive and proven track record of service in the equine industry supported by a detailed and documented CPD record
• Extensive knowledge and experience of horse anatomy, physiology and welfare
• Comprehensive experience of best practice for workplace saddlery, equipment and clothing used and how to maintain it
• Demonstrable knowledge of safe working practices in an equine environment including routine yard, field duties and horse husbandry
• Work-based Diploma in Racehorse Care and Management at Level 3 or working towards
• Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths or ability to undertake them successfully within probation period
• Experience of working with and maintaining quality assurance processes and complying with regulatory requirements
• Commitment to continuous professional development relevant to the industry area being assessed
Essential knowledge, skills and behaviours:
• Excellent integrity and interpersonal behaviours
• Customer focused commercial awareness
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with substantive experience of providing supportive, concise feedback to learners, assessors and key stakeholders
• Experience of producing clear, accurate and concise written reports, including remarks/enquiries about results
• Ability to offer guidance on careers advice and next steps after completing an Apprenticeship
• Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively
• Excellent investigative skills
• Analytical, critical thinking skills
• Proficient IT skills that include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to work independently but also as part of a high performing team
• Driving licence with access to own car
Desirable or willingness to work towards:
• Holding or working towards an assessor qualification (A1/A2/D32/D33/TAQA or equivalent qualification)
• BHS Stage 3 or above including riding
• Relevant teaching qualification (minimum PTTLS) or Education and Training Level 3 or 4
• Level 2 ICT
• Experience of preparing for and presenting to a target audience
• Experience of marking and grading assessments
This is an exciting time to join a growing team in a friendly, aspiring and people orientated business.
• A competitive salary
• Car allowance, roadside recovery and generous business mileage rate
• 23 days annual holiday, plus Bank and Public Holidays. Your holiday entitlement will increase by one day for each year of service (up to 30 days)
• Your birthday off
• Investment in your CPD and development
• Pension Scheme – with contributions up to 10%
Closing date: 10 September 2019
Please email your CV to Keira Walker, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please login or register for an account to apply for jobs:
This job expires in 4 weeks, on 13th September 2019.
Please ensure you are logged in before applying for jobs.