Racing Operations Manager (Dublin)
Horse Racing Ireland
This job expires soon
This job expires on Friday, 30th October 2020
Ready for the next step and challenge in your career, and want to join one of the premier racecourses in Europe hosting top class racing and major events all year round? If so, and you think you have the right mix of experience, energy, and enthusiasm for the role of Racing Operations Manager we want to hear from you!
Horse Racing Ireland is now seeking to fill the position of Racing Operations Manager, Leopardstown Racecourse. This person will efficiently lead the day to day operation of Leopardstown Racecourse to deliver memorable race day and event experiences for everyone.
Key Responsibilities in the Role:
• Have responsibility for the track ensuring a best practice approach to maintenance of the track
• Ensure relevant and appropriate communications are maintained with all relevant stakeholders
• To work closely with the Clerk of the Course, Track Foreman, HRI Race Planning &
associated industry stakeholders
• To support the CEO to maximize representation at Leopardstown race meetings
• Manage the Maintenance and Horticulture teams ensuring a planned and preventive
maintenance plan is in place
• Have overall responsibility for the coordination of all race day operations (and other non-race
day events) including race day/event staff and ensuring they are managed cost-effectively
• Develop and encourage a collaborative approach between all functions at Leopardstown
• Overall management of related budgets managing spend and activity
• Play a key role in the development of any capital projects in Leopardstown driving innovation and improvements for the racecourse while maintaining a functioning and customer focused racing calendar
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• Knowledge of racing industry and key industry personnel in UK and Ireland would be an
• Relevant operations and facilities management experience, ideally in a campus style
• At least 3-5 years’ experience of managing and leading a team
• Excellent interpersonal, communications and organisational skills
• Ability to work and liaise within a wider organization with internal and external stakeholders
• Experience of managing sites with open access to the general public
• Experience of managing significant budgets, including staff in both Operational and Project environments
As racing is a seven-day business, flexibility in relation to working hours is required. This role provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience & qualifications. A full job specification is available on our website, www.hri.ie & www.leopardstown.com
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your application, no later than close of business on Friday 30th October 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leopardstown Racecourse is widely regarded as one of the Premier racecourses in Europe hosting top class racing all year including the Leopardstown Christmas Festival, the Dublin Racing Festival and the first leg of Longines Irish Champions Weekend. Leopardstown hosts a significant number of entertainment events annually and operates one of Ireland’s leading golf centres and has a diverse range of non raceday businesses.
Please login or register for an account to apply for jobs:
This job expires in 19 hours, on 30th October 2020.
Please ensure you are logged in before applying for jobs.