Raceday Technical Support
Racecourse Media Group
Job Title: Raceday Technical Support
Contract Type: Permanent
Reports to: Technical Director / Operations Director
Location: Ealing Studios, London
Hours of work Full Time – 40 hours per week over 5 days. There will be a requirement to work weekends and evenings.
Racecourse Media Group (RMG) is the umbrella organisation for those 34 racecourses which hold an interest in Racing TV (Sky 426, Virgin 536 and 411, Freeview and YouView 261), Racing TV International (international betting shop/digital service) and Racecourse Data Company (licensor of Pre-Race Data). Racing TV and Racing TV International also broadcast racing from all 26 Irish racecourses.
Coursetrack is a technology company specialising in the GPS tracking of racehorses at the 34 RMG racecourses. The output supports a number of core digital initiatives throughout the sport for owners, trainers, jockeys, broadcasters and bookmakers.
Vision: To deliver a tracking system to create new data products and revenues for horse racing
Mission: To provide a reliable, robust, accurate, low-latency, low-cost tracking system for horse racing, continually improving the system with industry-leading technologies
Overview of position: An opportunity to work for Coursetrack and the Racecourse Media Group, a leading organisation in tracking, managing data delivery to RMG’s customers with a number of third-party suppliers from RMG’s studios office in Ealing, West London.
• 1st and 2nd line support for all technical issues relating to operating systems, RDBMS and business critical applications.
• Undertake scheduled work including execution of reports, management and maintenance scripts.
• Deal with calls and requests within SLAs.
Required Skills/Experience: • Exposure to UNIX, Linux and Microsoft operating system environments required.
• Ability to manage remote computers.
• Good familiarity with Linux operating system required.
• Basic administration of MySql and ability to query/modify data required.
• Understanding of shell scripting and cron- tables.
• Ability to identify and diagnose technical problems required.
How to apply: Please submit your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 23rd June 2019
Coursetrack and RMG are an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origin, disability, age or political or religious belief in its recruitment or other employment policies.
Please login or register for an account to apply for jobs:
This job expires in 3 days, on 23rd June 2019.
Please ensure you are logged in before applying for jobs.