Operations Coordinator (Andover)
Conundrum Consulting Ltd.
Weyhill International Horse Transport Ltd has been transporting horses for over fifty years. Working across the thoroughbred and non-thoroughbred world (racing, polo, competition and leisure) overwhelmingly with businesses but also individual owners, we offer a professional and completely bespoke solution for any horse to any destination worldwide.
We’ve created an exciting new opportunity for the right person to join our small team as an additional Operations Coordinator. Reporting directly to the Managing Director and working closely alongside our existing Operations Coordinator, you will share responsibility for the day-to-day running of operations as well as the accurate collation and processing of data which is essential to the work we do. This is a business-critical position offering the opportunity to become central to a small but growing, busy company in a fascinating sector.
Your role will include:
• Learning and absorbing key facts around complex legislation (e.g. transport requirements post-Brexit, Drivers Hours)
• Effectively assessing data requirements for particular transport jobs (with on-the-job training and support)
• Completing applicable forms and paperwork
• Managing information in databases and online portals, making sure data is accurate and up-to-date
• Providing excellent customer service to our clients by telephone and email, asking the right questions and helping to guide and advise them
• Alongside the existing Operations Coordinator planning and making arrangements for each job, vehicle and driver (within our fleet of coach-built horseboxes and team of experienced drivers),
• Production of the job instructions and coordinating details
• Help manage vehicle maintenance and stock control, organising repairs and orders, and keeping up-to-date accurate records
You will need:
• Excellent attention to detail
• To be naturally organised and manage your time well
• Great IT skills (in-depth knowledge of Excel is essential and Access database management would be an advantage)
• To be a clear concise communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
• Discretion, as maintaining client confidentiality is vital
• Overall to be ‘a safe pair of hands’ – trustworthy and confident to work alone (following training)
Though not essential, if you do have an interest in the thoroughbred world this is an excellent role in which to deepen and expand your knowledge.
For the right candidate we’re willing to consider some flexibility over working hours [and/or an element of remote working].
Please mention careersinracing in your application when responding to this job advert’
Please login or register for an account to apply for jobs:
This job expires in 1 week, on 27th October 2021.
Please ensure you are logged in before applying for jobs.