Marketing Manager – Ascot
This job expires soon
This job expires on Thursday, 30th September 2021
About Ascot – Summary & History
Founded in 1711 by Queen Anne, Ascot Racecourse is a destination venue for world class horseracing and events, the leading racecourse in Britain and one of the finest in the world. Through Royal Ascot the aim is to host the most prestigious, popular and high-profile race meeting in the world.
Royal Ascot is broadcast in over 150 territories with a reach of over half a billion people with significant and growing digital and social media engagement. It is a marquee event in the global sports and leisure calendar.
Ascot hosts around 600,000 racegoers a year across 26 race days, 300,000 of whom come to the five days of Royal Ascot. Royal Ascot capacity can reach an attendance of 75,000 on a day. Ascot’s conference and events business welcomes a further 200,000 customers a year outside racing.
Ascot aims to offer its racegoers something for everyone who wishes to be involved, and Royal Ascot’s offerings reflect this through the entry level Windsor picnic enclosure, the mid-tier Village enclosure, the central Queen Anne Enclosure and ultimately the Royal Enclosure. And incorporating up to 7000 racegoers in a wide range of private box and restaurant fine dining facilities.
In everything they do and how they do it Ascot and its people represent the Monarch.
• Contribute to and deliver a marketing strategy in both B2C, B2B and HNWI with a robust plan to deliver sales across the entire Ascot business in close collaboration with the Senior Marketing Manager and Head of Marketing
• Be responsible for day-to-day implementation of marketing strategy and plan for 21 annual Ascot racedays (outside of Royal Ascot)
• Assist Senior Marketing Manager with the implementation of the Royal Ascot marketing strategy and non-racing consumer events to drive ticket sales.
• Lead marketing strategy to drive revenue growth across raceday products including betting and, by liaising closely with 1711 Events, food and beverage offer.
• Be responsible for Ascot shop onsite retail operation and licensee marketing communications activity to drive revenue and amplify licensee marketing activity
• Work with creative agency (Isobel), media planner (AMS), Insights agency (Two Circles) and retail partner (IMG) to deliver day to day marketing plan
• Support Senior Marketing Manager by acting as a customer champion and provide insight that informs business change. Identify growth opportunities to attract new customers; improve loyalty, frequency and spend.
• Inform development of Royal Ascot and Ascot racedays B2C products and a tailored marketing communications approach.
• Act as a brand guardian to ensure consistency across communications and collateral.
• Work with the Digital and Content teams on a day-to-day basis to ensure the Ascot brand and products are effectively positioned through our channels.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Proven data led insight experience and results
• Able to demonstrate consistent and exceptional achievement in developing, implementing and measuring marketing activity to support revenue growth.
• Evidence of resilient, tenacious and action orientated approach, focused on achieving successful outcomes
• Proven track record in campaign management across a wide range of marketing disciplines
• Confident in building relationships. Ability to build and manage multiple internal and external stakeholder relationships. Excellent communicator / persuader.
• Experience of managing agencies
• Specific experience of working within a one to one / CRM based marketing environment actively using insight to drive creative campaigns that deliver results.
• An interest in sport. Racing interest preferred.
• A strong understanding of brand dynamics and consumer trends a distinct advantage
• Able to demonstrate appreciation for operational attention to detail
• Excellent administrative skills, budgetary and staff management experience.
• Educated to Degree standard
• Professional marketing qualification would be desirable
• Sports and leisure marketing experience and / or experience of marketing a
venue and/or event preferred
Alongside a competitive salary we offer complimentary tickets for race days and some events that you can share with friends and family, pension and discounts in selected retailers locally.
Please login or register for an account to apply for jobs:
This job expires in 1 day, on 30th September 2021.
Please ensure you are logged in before applying for jobs.