Head Grounds Person
The Jockey Club
This job expires soon
This job expires on Friday, 13th December 2019
Job title: Head Grounds Person
Based at: Market Rasen Racecourse
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, any 5 days from 7
The Jockey Club is currently recruiting for a Head Grounds Person to join the team at Market Rasen Racecourse.
Through the management of the Groundstaff team, the Head Grounds Person is responsible for ensuring the racing track, stables and all external spaces are maintained to the highest possible standards. This role will require the successful candidate to have an excellent knowledge of sports turf grounds care and possess excellent communication skills.
The successful candidate will;
• Possess either an NVQ Level 3 in Turf Management or completed the IOG Intermediate course
• Be experienced in the use of various machinery and irrigation systems
• Be an excellent team player and problem solver
• Ideally have previous management experience, although this is not essential
• Be able to maintain accurate records relating to both the groundstaff team and Health and Safety
• Be responsible for ensuring budgets are adhered to
This role will require the successful candidate to hold a full UK driving and tractor licence.
All applications should be submitted through our online job portal – The Jockey Club portal
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER APPLICATIONS THAT ARE NOT SUBMITTED THROUGH OUR CAREERS WEBSITE PROVIDED ABOVE.
We reserve the right to bring the closing date forward should we receive a large volume of applications.
The Jockey Club is an equal opportunities employer
Please login or register for an account to apply for jobs:
This job expires in 15 hours, on 13th December 2019.
Please ensure you are logged in before applying for jobs.