The Jockey Club
This job expires soon
This job expires on Friday, 13th December 2019
Job title: Gallops Person
Location: Based in Lambourn, Jockey Club Estates
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Part of The Jockey Club group, Jockey Club Estates is a property and land management company responsible for the management and administration of 4,500 acres of land in Newmarket and 550 acres of land in Lambourn. Its property portfolio features 90 properties, including the historic Jockey Club Rooms.
The principal objectives of Jockey Club Estates are the continued development of its training grounds as centres of excellence for the training of thoroughbred racehorses and the managing of its property portfolio, including the Jockey Club Rooms, in a commercial manner while protecting and promoting The Jockey Club’s values and heritage.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join the Jockey Club Estates Lambourn team as a Gallops Person.
The successful candidate will;
• Assist with the presentation and maintenance of the Training Grounds including all grass and artificial gallops and canters
• Have experience working in a grounds based role or farm labouring
• Have a good understanding of Health & Safety and manual handling legislation
• Assist in the repair, maintenance and construction of all hurdles and steeple chase fences as required
• Be responsible for general maintenance work including; strimming, grass cutting and fencing
Applicants must have a driving licence and have experience of tractor driving.
Due to the nature of the role and the horse racing industry, the successful candidate will be required to work alternate Saturday mornings and occasionally on bank holidays for which they will receive a day in lieu.
All applications should be submitted through our online job portal.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER APPLICATIONS THAT ARE NOT SUBMITTED THROUGH OUR CAREERS WEBSITE PROVIDED ABOVE.
We reserve the right to bring the closing date forward should we receive a large volume of applications.
The Jockey Club is an equal opportunities employer.
Please login or register for an account to apply for jobs:
This job expires in 15 hours, on 13th December 2019.
Please ensure you are logged in before applying for jobs.