Finance Officer (Newmarket)
The National Horse Racing Museum
The National Horseracing Museum are seeking an experienced Finance Officer/Bookkeeper with demonstrable experience of Sage 50 Accounts to work within the finance department across the site. Experience of working in accounting within the charity sectors would be advantageous.
The Finance Officer will report to the Director of Finance and Resources and will be based at the museum site in Newmarket.
4 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The postholder will be required to:
• Manage the purchase and sales ledgers within Sage 50 Accounts for the Charity and subsidiary trading company
• EPOS implementation – Mapping data from Access Gamma to Sage
• Perform bank reconciliations
• Assist in preparation of statutory accounts at year end
• Handling Gift Aid claims
• Attention to detail and accuracy is paramount enabling the production of sound financial information for management accounts
• Consistent filing and archiving of accounts in line with best practice
• Assist the senior team with financial reporting regularly to the Arts Council, the NLHF and other key funders.
Essential qualities for the postholder should include…
• Excellent accounting and motivational skills
• Strong administrative ability
• The ability to work within a small team
• The ability to interact with people from all backgrounds
• Proven experience with Sage 50 Accounts & EPOS system, Access Gamma,
• Experience of managing budgets/forecasts would be advantageous
Salary: c.£26,000 per annum (pro-rata)
Term: initially a 12-month contract, with the expectation of renewal. This includes a three-month probation period.
Hours of work: 24 – 28hrs per week – flexible days as agreed.
Annual Leave: 28 days including public holidays
Notice Period: following probation period one month on either side
Other Benefits: contributory pension scheme
To apply for this exciting and challenging role please submit:
A full Curriculum Vitae
A letter of application, no longer than 2 A4 pages, explaining your aptitude and experience related to the skills outlined in this job description
The names and full contact details of three referees. References will not be sought without prior agreement
Please indicate if there are any restrictions on you taking up employment in the UK and, if so, provide details
Application Deadline: 9am Monday 17 August 2020
Please mention careersinracing in your application when responding to this job advert
Please login or register for an account to apply for jobs:
This job expires in 2 weeks, on 17th August 2020.
Please ensure you are logged in before applying for jobs.