The Yard Managers course is suitable for those who are wanting to progress their career and take on more responsibility
Taking on a supervisory role can be a demanding job. Not only will the position require you to communicate up and down the management team, motivate and lead the team and delegate, you’ll also be responsible for internal team relationships and stages of team formation.
If you are an aspiring Head Groom, this course is well worth doing. It will provide you with the skills and confidence to take the next step up to managing people.
The British Racing School and Northern Racing College both provide this course – content is likely to include:
- Understanding the role of the supervisor
- Internal team relationships
- How to communicate up and down the management team
- The ‘right’ way to delegate to others
- Team member types and the importance of team members
- Stages of team formation
- Motivation styles
- How to manage ‘friends’ and colleagues
- Delegation – how to plan/organise/motivate/control
- Delegate action plan