Advanced Apprenticeship (Racing)
Take that next step in your career and study for an Advanced Apprenticeship.
This training programme takes around 18 months to complete and increases your knowledge of racehorse care and management. It is often seen as a stepping stone to greater levels of responsibility within a yard as you will have already completed the foundation course (Level 2 Diploma). It’s also a mandatory training requirement if you are aspiring to train horses either under a permit or as a licensed racehorse Trainer.
To complete the programme, you have to spend around 5 days at one of the approved training centres, Northern Racing College or British Racing School, to undergo coaching and sit exams. The rest of the programme is assessed on project work which you complete as part of your daily routine. This should take you around 2-3 hours a week.
The course will include:
- 5 days of training (residential where appropriate)
- An emergency first aid certificate
- Technical certificate in advanced horsecare
- Further development of key skills including communication, numeracy skills, working with others and Information Technology
- You will achieve a Level 3 Diploma in Racehorse Care and Management – and ultimately an Advanced Apprenticeship
For further information please contact the British Racing School Office on 01638 675906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Sarah Beattie at the Northern Racing College on 01302 861000 or email email@example.com.View course availability